Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Wait

The only way I know how to explain this feeling I've been having is a feeling of preparation.
You know how when you're about to go on a trip you do things to get ready?
Physical things like saving money, buying clothes and/or resources, planning your schedule and excitedly thinking about all you will do.
And there's always a mental process that goes along with it. Like, if you have a bad day, all you have to think about is said trip in the future and your spirits are lifted.
Maybe it's a trip home, or a vacation.
All you think about, all you talk about, and all you want to do.
It's always there. Like a fly to honey, it always comes back.
The knowledge that you're going to experience something different soon is always in the back of your mind.

That's how I feel. Like every day, I'm preparing for something; some trip, some journey, some something.
But I have no idea what.
And since this is my blog and I can say what I want...
I'm not even sure I'll be doing what I planned on doing next year.
In other words, this is big. A big journey.
I don't know how else to explain it. And I have talked about it a lot with God.
What on earth is going on?! Is this real? How will I know?
That's all I can think to say. And what I get in return:
Wait, my child.

And whenever I come across whatever it is I'm supposed to come across, I already know I will do it.
Strange, right? I have no idea what I'm supposed to do, but I know I will do it.
Because I feel a peace about this unlike anything I have ever felt.
I have never felt so sure about something in my life.
I also know that whatever it is, it's going to cost me a lot.
Personally, emotionally, physically; maybe all of the above.
And yet; I will do it.



I wish there was someone that could understand this feeling.
Or at least not think I'm crazy.


"Speak to me in the light of the dawn
Mercy comes with the morning
I will sigh and with all creation groan as I wait for hope to come for me..."

1 comment:

  1. I feel like this too, but sometimes I doubt God's power. I wish things would just be.
    I miss days when I knew who I was and where I was going!
    Childhood, in other words.

    Something tells me to work hard. And I do. I do it as I wait... so I'm prepared.

    For what? who knows, but God.

    ReplyDelete