Wednesday, March 17, 2010

silence.

EVERY DAY my mind is consumed.
With thoughts
worries
hopes
dreams
anticipations
commercials
images
what I'm doing tomorrow
what I did today
how much I like that outfit
discontent
frustration
sin
grace
love
laughter

silence?

It is close to impossible for me to find quiet. I crave silence sometimes. Literally, all I want to do is sit on my bed with God and listen. And it is quite possibly the hardest thing I've ever tried to do. Because even when I want to, especially when I want to, I can't. I cram my mind and life with so much unnecessary noise that silence becomes more and more difficult to obtain.

Please, take some silent time to read 1 Kings 19 (especially verses 11-12) and watch this video. Over and over and over and over and over again. Every day if that's what it takes for you to remember
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzpF2aCZN-8&NR=1
*sorry about the Spanish subtitles. Nothin' I can do about that.

search your hearts and be silent.


I found God today: in the gentle whisper

1 comment:

  1. God is hard to find because of all the things we do and love.
    After all the school work, I'm tired. I want some brainless activity to relax me.

    iPods, cell phones, music, TV, Facebook, Chat, books.

    All good, but it takes over.

    I love silence. I love it more then most.

    Silence just is nice...

    ReplyDelete