Monday, March 15, 2010

Do You Know Me?

Lately I've been finding out more and more about God. I've been excited about my finds, and often feel so close to him it brings tears to my eyes.
But then, there are times when I feel like I don't know him AT ALL.
I have no idea what he wants from me
where he wants me to go
or what he's doing.
And I guess I could be frustrated by this, cause it would be easy, but instead, it's better to realize the potential growth from times like that. I'm not meant to know everything, and God can NEVER be put in a box, no matter how much people claim to know about him. I think it's good to be taught this sometimes. (although the ways He teaches us isn't always fun...) To be humbled into realizing that he is soooo much bigger and greater than ANYTHING we can imagine for him.

"My child, don’t reject the Lord’s discipline, and don’t be upset when he corrects you. For the Lord corrects those he loves, just as a father corrects a child in whom he delights."
Proverbs 3:11-12


I found God today in that: sometimes I don't feel like I know Him at all.

1 comment: