Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Silence

(I decided for my Lent thing to stop calling it "The Journey," and basically, call it whatever I want hehe)

"God speaks in the silence of the heart."
-Mother Teresa

I watched a video on her today. She was an amazing woman. Truly. She was a tangible angel. And she said this quote and I had to immediately write this down cause it just seems so true to me.

I don't have one moment of silence throughout my whole day. Not even really when I am sleeping because even then I sometimes dream. I am busy, have an agenda, and almost always have something to say. Where's God in all that?
I don't believe He is in the busyness. I believe, like what Mother Teresa said, He is in the silence of our hearts. I just picture Him sitting and waiting, with immense patience, for us to tune in. Maybe even knitting, I don't know.
Wherever we are there is noise, wherever he is: silence.

Sometimes silence is scary. Mainly because when one is silent, all the junk of life comes to the surface, forcing you to be real with yourself, and with the One who meets you there.
Silence is telling. Silence is honest. Silence is genuine.

I like God speaking to me in the silence of my heart. It makes it special. I get sick of the noise and commotion sometimes, and if He was in the noise, it would kill the image I have of Him. Silence needs to be sought after, and fiercely held onto.


I found God today in that: He speaks to me in silence

No comments:

Post a Comment