Monday, June 28, 2010

100th post

At 6am tomorrow morning, I will be flying into the unknown.
A whirlwind of events have happened since I joined this trip in January, and I honestly cannot even believe it's happening. But I feel like I'm still in January. Like I signed up for this trip and now, two days later, I am going. I know very little about what we will be doing and have found that uncertainties freak me out a bit.
I am overwhelmed.
But I am excited. Happy, peaceful, full of joy, sleepless. I am anxious, but I am ready.
Honduras seems like a far away place, one that I don't actually feel like I'm going to.
It has been mentioned countless times in my presence, and I myself have spoken of the day when I would go. I long for a place only my dreams have been to. I long for people I have never seen. My heart is breaking over children I don't know.
And I know my life will no doubt be changed from this. My heart is full, and I can't wait for that change.


Now's my turn to ask you a favor :) Pray, pray, pray, pray, pray
I will be gone a total of 13 days. I could sit and write all the potential diseases I could contract from this trip but I feel that would be redundant and a bit melodramatic...just keep it in mind :)
I will also say that I have never flown before...
Pray that I will remember. Remember why I am doing this. Remember who I am, remember the One who saved me, remember not to drink the water.
Pray that I will be the student, not the teacher. The broken one, not the healer. The childlike, not the adult. The open one, not the stubborn one. The passionate one, never the complacent one. I would ask that you pray for those we meet, but I don't think they will be the ones needing the prayers. Although, it wouldn't hurt to Ask that their hearts be ready. But more than that, that ours will be ready.

19 hours, 12 minutes, 55 seconds.

1 comment:

  1. Allison!
    Thanks for posting! I love reading your blogs. You're going to have an amazing time and I know God will do incredible things through you in Honduras. When you are obedient and faithful to live out what your called to do, (like you're doing) amazing things will be done! I'll be praying for you! Can't wait to hear all about it when we both get back! Pray for something impossible and see what happens! Love and miss ya!

    ReplyDelete