Saturday, May 29, 2010

HONDURAS

I am leaving for Honduras in one month.

I'm not sure it has hit me yet. I have been so stressed and busy, just making sure I have gotten my passport, filled out all necessary paperwork, raised enough money, etc. For me, this is a trip of a lifetime. For some reason, I have always wanted to go to Honduras. And now, that opportunity is quickly approaching.

I do have some reservations though. We are taking a group of 165. Although we are splitting up into two main "Alpha and Omega" groups, that is still about 84 people to a group. I am worried that we wont get adequate things done. With a group that large, we will either be in the way, or people will be left standing around doing nothing. I realize there is a lot of work to do, but there are many many many hands to do it with (thank God, obviously). I'm also hesitant about the random little things. The flight (haven't flown since I was 4), the illness I could get, open hearts and mind to those we come in contact with, and obedience to the Father in that we do what we go for. Not to build houses, not to provide water, not to play with babies. To spread the Word that these people have life beyond this. Not only that, but JOY amongst the devastation they know. That's what this whole thing is about.

And on a more personal level, that I will have a strong heart. I am passionate about kids. I am passionate about the Father and about the work He is doing in me and continues to do. I have many dreams, and when I look in the faces of people, I want them to share at least one of my dreams: of being with my Father someday. All that passion can sometimes make it hard to see clearly. (aka, that I won't bring a baby back with me ;))


Please start praying, friends. I need support, and prayer DOES work. I have no doubt that God will take care of me and the ones I am going with. I have no doubt His will will be done. I just pray I am in His way, but not in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment