Monday, April 26, 2010

Vulnerable! Ahhh!

Vulnerability is not something I do. Seriously, it takes a lot for me to share certain things with people. Even things that most are not that hesitant to share, I don't. Not because I want to be secretive or whatever, but because I don't trust people very easily. And I ALWAYS question people's intentions. Just comes from a lot of bad experiences. And if, by chance, I happen to be somewhat transparent with you, it must mean that I deem you worthy to tell things to. But even then, I usually get screwed over.

But today at breakfast I was just amazed. I decided a while ago to try to make myself totally vulnerable to God. It wasn't easy, it took a while, and I'm still working on it. But the more and more I become transparent with Him, the more He blesses me. I can't even really wrap my head around it, so I can't really find the words for it either. What I kept going back to was it's like I'm waiting to be let down. Unfairly, I sometimes treat God as a fallen human. I'm just waiting to be disappointed and hurt when I choose to even give a little of myself away.
But He never lets me down.
He always remains faithful.
And I don't understand it at all

"If we are unfaithful, He remains faithful, for he cannot deny who He is."
2 Timothy 2:13

No comments:

Post a Comment