Sunday, April 4, 2010

my heart is spilling...

Christian.


I have called myself that for a little over six years now, but I've never really stopped to think about why I am. I remember the day I called my mom and told her I wanted to be baptized like it was yesterday. My best friend at the time had been talking to me about how she was going to be baptized and before that, I hadn't seriously considered it. Something about someone that close to you making such a huge decision effects you. So I began to study and think about it on my own. And one day, I just knew. I called my mom at work and on Saturday night, February 28th (it was a leap year that year. Would have been cool to be born again on February 29th :)), I was baptized. I remember honestly thinking that I was invincible. That the world was about to be conquered by me for Christ.

It's been an uphill battle since then, but I have remained a "Christian" to this day. (The quotes are there for the times when I wasn't truly being a Christian). Although, to be honest, I don't really consider myself a true Christian, however you want to interpret that, until this year.

For some reason I feel really compelled to share my story. Parts of it, no one knows, and I'm not sure I'll even be able to share it. But nonetheless, I feel it's extremely important. This day, the meaning of it, is the reason I am who I am. Why I do what I do. And I owe it ALL to the One who saved my life. Maybe that's why I want to share. To show the wretch I was, I am, and how only One could create in me New Life.

I'll have to do this in several posts. Otherwise, you would get really tired of reading a 15 page book ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment