Friday, February 26, 2010

The Journey, Part 9

Short Message Today. Sometimes only a few words are needed.

Four Letter Words

When we think of
FOUR LETTER WORDS,
We think of
Curses
Epithets
Expletives.
All those are bad,
Uncomfortable things.

In my mind the two worst are
Can't,
Won't.

But other words have four letters.
How about
Good,
Fine,
Nice,
Best,
Amen

One with many good uses is
Help.
A cry for assistance
The response to a need
A most effective prayer.

But when you come right down to it,
As in the Bible,
The greatest of these too, is
Love
W.K. Sloan
June 12, 2000

In missions today we read this prayer. We were told to circle the word "Love," and then circle another word that stood out to us. I chose the word "Help." Then, we were to say "Love" on our in-breath, and the other word breathing out. That no matter what word we chose, Love covered it up.

Love...Help...Love...Help...

When I first started saying it, "Love" felt warm and inviting. "Help" seemed more of a scream filled with uncertainty and loss. As a few moments past, "Help" calmed down a little bit and "Love" seemed louder. Then, as in one of those "aha" moments, "Love" and "Help" melted together. "Love Help."

Love...Help...Love...Help...Love Help.

This is so critical for me. If you know me at all, you understand my loathing of receiving help in any area of my life. I don't like to quit, I like to do things on my own. I'm stubborn. But I was told to "Love Help." To show emotion. Cry when you're sad, Smile when you're happy; Love Help.



I found God today in that: Love Help.

No comments:

Post a Comment