Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Journey, Part 2

I feel like I could write about a lot today...

But, Ill just choose one.

School is such a funny thing, really. In my history class, a friend and I determined that a person lives an average of 14 million seconds a lifetime. (Upon further review, I don't think that's an accurate number, but just go with it.) Haha, this was determined because we were discussing the complete lack of desire to be in class, and how much of our lives have been, and for some of us, will be spent in school. I have been in school since I was 5. That is 14 years people, and quite a lot of seconds. And so many times I find myself thinking there are SO many other things I would rather be doing. Even worse is having to decide where to go to school. That's a discussion for another time...

God has planted a desire on my heart for missions. Wherever I am. But it is my own personal desire to go elsewhere and do it. I have been blessed to live in America, but change is good sometimes...
And until today, I realized how much I have lost sight of the goal. It is ENTIRELY too easy to do. What with all the thoughts of quitting school and going NOW. I don't want to wait to do God's will (hah, the irony). I went to a meeting last night for the mission trip I'm going on this summer and was SO excited, but also reminded that I have completely gone off track.

I am doing God's will NOW.
God has me exactly where He wants me, and His timing is perfect.
A friend and I were talking about how if we went right now, we would be of no use to people. That in fact, we would probably fail. We can't help others if we can't help ourselves. Everything is a journey, and, as she pointed out, most of Jesus' own life was spent in preparation.


I found God today in that: my eyes were opened to His desire to better prepare me for work in His kingdom, wherever I end up.

1 comment:

  1. Yes!
    The reminder that we are in God's will all the time... is something I need everyday. It is really hard to imagion all the tread a weaver weaves to make a beautiful piece of fabric (not to mention that fabric becomes something too).
    <3
    Sydney

    ReplyDelete