Sunday, August 1, 2010

you're gunna need a passport for this place.

Last week I had TOO MUCH going on. Well, it really all started last Wednesday, but enough happened for the whole week and then some. And none of it was good. It was really really hard to find Peace amongst the desperation I felt. I was supposed to go to Alabama today through the 4th, but due to tragic news of a friend and an uneasy gut feeling I didn't. But as last week drug on, I knew I needed a release. So, very fortunately, my good friend offered for me to go home with her. And home is in Troy, Tennessee. All she kept saying was: "You're gunna need a passport for this town."

If you've ever been to Troy, or other small towns like it, you probably know what I'm talking about. In fact, you may have gone through Troy and never known it because you can get through the whole town in about 5 minutes! But it was sweet relief, and just what I needed.

It just so happened that my sweet friend was going through a very trying time as well and we decided that after this weekend, something was gunna give. Things needed to change. And what better time than August 1st to "start over??" This is really exciting for me. It means a lot and I can feel the change coming, almost whether I like it or not. But I do like it. I need it...like crazy. And as I thought more about what this "Change" meant and what it looked like, I realized that sometimes it's just about letting the Change come. Maybe not so much initiating or forcing the Change, just to say you did, but not fighting against it. I'm not generally the type that likes a lot of change, but this time...I'm ready.

Hey, it could be fun. Michael Jackson's "Man in the Mirror" song keeps playing in my head every time I type the word "change." Look it up.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my oh my oh my it's ridiculous how much the Lord has connected our hearts! I was sitting in church yesterday and praying, and thinking, "This is August 1. This is Day One of my mission trip to my life. I am going to live today like I am on a mission trip, and I'm going to take advantage of every moment." Obviously, it's not like the whole universe realigned in that moment.... it's a slow process. But I'm right there with you, waiting for change. I cannot WAIT to see what happens. I love you sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. isn't it so amazing how God works? Lately, i have been in such awe at how He works in little ways..just like this one :) i'm glad you're feeling this way to because it's one more person to keep my accountable and share exciting changes that God has done!! i love YOU.

    ReplyDelete