Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Help


Hey Friends :)
I tried this earlier this year, and it completely fell through the cracks. Part of it was because I came down with a physical, long-lasting illness, and part of it, I believe, is that I had no focus. Around Christmas time last year, I got the urge to DO something. I have always loved to create, and somewhere along the many paths my thoughts traveled, I got the idea to create on shoes. The only catch to this was I had no direction. I wanted to draw on shoes, sell them, and then give the money to an organization that would help kids who were so terribly in need. But my heart wasn’t truly in it, and neither was God. Only a few shoes were sold, and the money I gave to the organization I chose, as far as I know, disappeared. I gave it up.
On June 28th, I traveled to Honduras. I signed up last minute and really knew only 2 out of 160 people that were going. I was warned about illness, loss, and the absolute desperation of the country. And yet, I was more certain about going on that trip than anything in a very long time. And so I went, and all the things people had warned me about were true. What they could not describe, nor ever will be able to describe, is the absolute love that is smothering that country and the love that I would automatically feel towards it. I’m certain the same can be said for any country that one visits on an occasion like that. While there, I saw hundreds of kids. Some were better off than others, but I can say with confidence that your children or children you know would never, even on their worst days, look like these kids. I have been around a LOT of U.S kids, and NONE look like these precious Honduran babies.
Part of the trip involved handing out clothes and shoes to these kids. I’ll never forget handing out brand new Crocs one day and seeing a shy little boy standing on the side of the bus. Normally, the kids all but attacked us to get clothes and shoes, but this little boy just stood there looking and he never said a word. I noticed that although the shoes we brought were BEAUTIFUL, they were only for girls, and only in 2 main sizes. So, realizing it was better than nothing, I handed this little boy the smallest pair of girl shoes I could find. He took them without hesitation, but also without any word from his mouth or look on his face. I never saw him again.
I have found my direction. I want those kids to have shoes. Little boys, but little girls too. It’s not right for children to walk around in things you would never allow your dog close to. So through PRAYER, and of course you, I’m going to try to do something about it.

One pair of shoes=$20 + whatever it costs to ship them to you
Two pair of shoes=$40 and you automatically donate a pair of shoes to a Honduran child.

I will be primarily working through TORCH missions. About $15 of your dollars goes to pay for the shoe, and the other $5 goes to TORCH, providing food, supplies, more shoes, etc. for the Honduras trips led by Terry Reeves during the summer.

I can create any size, any color, and (almost) any design you choose! If you don’t do it for the kids, you can at least have a unique pair of shoes. I will never give you a pair of shoes that I myself would not wear. If I mess up on them, they are free to you, I will cover the cost. Pictures will be sent to you during every step of the creation so that you can see what I’m doing and add your input.

I really believe in this and these kids, and I’m asking that you believe in me.
My personal email address is pinkpolkadots267@aol.com, or you can send me a message on facebook. Thank you so much for your continual support and love. Please, please pray for me, that God’s will will be done through this, and for His children.

below are shoes I've done in the past:

No comments:

Post a Comment