Thursday, August 26, 2010

Living inside yourself.

The Father is teaching me a lot about the art of being alone lately.
I have had to learn the incredibly difficult lesson of "living inside myself" this past year and a half. It's not fun and it's by no means easy. "Living inside yourself" means being ok with the fact that we all go through times of being alone. That, often, being surrounded by people, although so wonderful, can drown out the Father completely. I have seen it happen. I am driven by people. But I don't always have people around me that are good for my life. And even if I did, God is teaching me that in order to be what those people need, I have to be what I need. And the only way to do that is to be intimately and uncontrollably connected with Abba. My whole life, my worth has been found in friends, in how much people liked me. It is an addiction, and hard to come to terms with. Just when I think I'm past it, it comes creeping up again. I am learning, or shall I say being taught, that people DO NOT determine my worth. My worth is in Jesus. My worth is in the Father. It always has been, it always will be.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
-Eleanor Roosevelt

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Thank you so much for sharing. I really really needed that.

    ReplyDelete