Saturday, January 2, 2010

And Isn't it Ironic

I forgot God today.

Ok, obviously, or maybe not so obviously, I did not literally forget God. That would be impossible at this point. But I'll start by saying, I am a person of great detail. Not necessarily me as a person, although that may be true, but I love detail. To me, detail is thoughtfulness. In a painting, in a story, in a one's feelings for another, whatever it may be. And so I find, more times than not, that as I go throughout the day, God gets my attention through the smaller details. Maybe that's just me, maybe that's just His way of showing us that we, the INCREDIBLY lucky ones, have forgotten Him.

Why is it that my attention needs to be gotten?
Why would it be necessary for God to have to seek me out?
Because "I'm busy."

Let's think about my day. It consisted of: watching TV, playing with the dog, eating, drawing, going to see a movie. There are 24 hours in a day. Granted much of that is for sleeping, but I was not too busy today, nor any other day for that matter, to remember God.

He makes up every single fiber of my being. His touch is everywhere, in everything, and I'm "too busy?"
How sad for me.

So, may you this day (since it's 2AM thereby making it a new day) remember God in everything you do :)

1 comment: