Wednesday, February 16, 2011

There's something Abba's been showing me a lot of lately.
All my life I have seen Christianity as a one time decision.

Let's start at the beginning.

Baptism.
A one time thing that proclaimed what I had already decided. It changed my eternity. And although I knew it wouldn't magically change all my decisions from that moment on, I somehow secretly hoped it just would.

Now.

When I face struggles, I want to stare it in the face, decide it's not right, and let that be enough. I don't want to keep struggling. I want it to be enough that one time.
For example: Two of my biggest struggles are making Abba the center of my everything and NOT putting worth in people (in general. (although I guess these two actually kind of bleed into one)).
And as I go throughout my days, perhaps coming to the realization that I have in fact done quite the opposite of these two, I'm angry. I'm spiraling into the rabbit hole of frustration. Of desperation. Why is this still a struggle?!
Because, you see, subconsciously or not, I view Christianity as a one time decision. When in fact, it's an every day decision. It is an all the time decision. In fact, it's really a minute by minute decision, I think.
It all occurred to me when sitting at The Underground, once again asking Abba HOW to put Him as Center. "Every Day" was brought to the forefront of my mind.
Every Day.



SIDE NOTE: it's really almost humorous the way Abba teaches me sometimes. Some of my biggest lessons seep from the Spirit filled words I recite to others for THEIR needs. Hah.

No comments:

Post a Comment