Monday, March 7, 2011

March 7th

I read a book called Jesus Calling ever day. Basically, it's a daily devo. I got it last year around the time I started school and journaled in it nearly every day. It's been really interesting, and a whole slough of other emotions, to read where I was last year compared to where I am now. Anyways, here's today's:
"Let Me help you through this day. The challenges you face are far too great for you to handle alone. You are keenly aware of your helplessness in the scheme of events you face. This awareness opens up a choice: to doggedly go it alone or to walk with Me in humble steps of dependence. Actually, this choice is continually before you, but difficulties highlight the decision-making process. So consider it all joy whenever you are enveloped in various trials. These are gifts from Me, reminding you to rely on Me alone."
And this is what I wrote below it:
"A preface maybe for this week.
Finding out my diagnosis today."

Last January, the beginning effects of what I would later find out to be "5th's Disease" attacked my body. Slowly but surely, it reached the point that I was essentially an invalid. I couldn't even switch on my heater without cringing and wanting to cry. It was the last straw of my Job Journey. By spring break, they had taken 4 tubes of blood out of my arm, testing me for Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis, and this day, March 7, 2010, I was going to find out the results. If that doesn't sound bad enough, remember that I am an artist. If I had had RA, my ability to draw would have become increasingly more difficult.
But my blood came back "perfect."
In two months I would find out it was 5th's Disease, something that would mostly go away within a year.

He Redeems.

No comments:

Post a Comment