Saturday, January 8, 2011

no titles needed

Stepping out of the skin; fresh terror, fresh hope
Wouldn't even call it mine, no idea how to cope.
Time has left me stunted, one size does not fit all.
Untouchable now appears to be the tripping to my fall.

Where to go from here, an unfair answer to my cry
The page is left empty, the canvas left wide.
A crossroads, just around the riverbend
At this point, I know my heart I'll have to lend.

----------------------------------------------------------

My eyes dart back and forth as Your breath washes over my cheek
Strong under Your Arms, but in this condition, so weak.
You are jealous for me, I heard you once say,
the tangible glitter and comfort of idols lead me astray.

Angry and ashamed, I cast my head downward
Constricted by these chains, instead of free as a bird would.
Lost in your Love, a sojourner of Your world,
feeling like a pebble when I know I'm a pearl.

No comments:

Post a Comment