Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Chills

I am in awe. Shocked, amazed, humbled, joyful, and sooo FULL of praise.

It should be no surprise at this point that I love my children. I don't even have to know them. For example, today, on the way to chapel, I saw the most precious little girl with curly red hair, yellow sunglasses, and a blue backpack with pink polka dots on it. I could have picked her up with a hug and a kiss right then and there. (Obviously I didn't, though). It should also be no surprise that some of my FAVORITE babies reside at David Lipscomb Elementary School. And just to drive home the point, I have a very special place in my heart for a little miss Keylahni. I've written about her before. Well, I got wind that Keylahni didn't come back to Lipscomb and I was heart broken. I even almost wrote about it yesterday but never got around to it. I was sick, worrying about where she was, if she was ok, etc, etc. I brought it the Father's feet, asking Him to consume her and hold her hand wherever she was as I was being eaten up inside with guilt and a broken heart.

Today, one of my good friends, Erin, calls me. Erin and I worked together at the elementary school, and she just graduated from Lipscomb University with an Art Education degree. The last we spoke, she was desperately seeking a job, considering they are so hard to come by right now. Not only that, but Art education is a very specific field and not very flexible. So, anyways, I see the call from her and am a little surprised because we haven't spoken that recently but via facebook she told me she wanted to update me on her job...

Guess which little girl walked into her classroom yesterday.


"For nothing is impossible with God." Luke 1.37

2 comments:

  1. I aways think of you when I see this verse. You wrote it on the back of your hand Senior year one day...
    I miss you.
    God acts in strange ways...

    ReplyDelete